With households across the country feeling the pinch of the cost of living crisis, the food delivery industry has taken a hit. According to a survey by HGEM, 31% of respondents said they were most likely to cut back on takeaways to save money.
In an effort to try and decrease spending, it’s likely that consumers will become increasingly picky about where they order from, and opt for brands that offer deals and promotions. So, if you’re a food business looking to attract and retain customers, we’ve put together a list of promo ideas to help ease the cost of living crisis for your clientele:
- Discounts on select days: Offering discounts on certain items on select days is a good way to increase orders during your quieter periods, while also helping your customers to make savings. For example, if you’re a Mexican restaurant, consider a Taco Tuesday with 2 for 1 tacos.
- Free delivery: Another way to entice customers to order food from your business while helping them to save money is to offer free delivery for orders over a certain amount. For instance, free delivery could be offered for all orders over the £25 mark.
- Start a loyalty program: To encourage repeat bookings, and reward customers for returning to your business, consider starting a loyalty program whereby points are rewarded for each order placed. The points accumulated can then be redeemed by the customer in return for free items, or discounts on their order, so that they’re still able to enjoy their favourite takeaways even with a smaller budget. You could also consider offering double the usual amount of points during quieter periods, such as weekday lunchtimes, to encourage custom during these times.
- Bundling promotions: One way to offer your customers a little more for their money, while helping you to sell less popular items, is to offer them as a bundle. If a certain dish is faring less well when it comes to sales, sell it as a package with a more popular item at a discount. For example, if you’re a burger restaurant that sells jalapeno poppers that are proving difficult to shift, suggest to customers that they order them in conjunction with a cheese burger for a couple of pounds less.
- Pass your savings onto your customers: Keeping your overheads as low as possible will allow you to pass the savings onto your clientele. Here at Pack Genie, we provide food businesses with affordable food packaging solutions, such as our printed pizza boxes, which can be ordered in low quantities, meaning you only need to buy the amount you need.
If you’re on the hunt for high-quality, cost effective food packaging, then don’t hesitate to reach out to speak to one of our packaging specialists.
Tags: printed pizza boxes, custom packaging, loyalty program, promotion ideas