In today’s competitive marketplace, companies need to find creative ways to stand out from the crowd. One way to do this is through custom printed packaging.
Not only does packaging offer practical benefits, such as protecting products during transit, it also serves as a powerful branding tool that can help businesses make a lasting impression on their customers.
Whether you’re a jewellery brand or a food business, packaging plays a vital role in your customer’s interaction with your brand. So, if you’re looking to impress your customers with branded printed packaging, here are some creative ideas to get you started:
- Consider your budget: Before you decide on your packaging, consider how much you’re willing to spend. For instance, if you’re on a tight budget, take a look at whether or not your chosen company offers low minimum order quantities so that you’re not required to order more packaging than you need in one go. Alternatively, if your budget allows it, you could bulk order your packaging, which will allow you to save money in the long run.
- Personalised messages: If you run an ecommerce store, consider packaging your items with personalised messages. It can be a simple “Thank You” note or a personalised message that makes the customer feel special. This small added touch can help to build a strong relationship between your business and your customers.
If you provide a gift wrapping service, you could ask customers if they’d like you to include a personalised message in the packaging of a gift for a loved one. This will show the recipient that you have gone the extra mile to make their gift extra special.
- Bold graphics: Bold graphics can help to make your custom printed packaging more eye-catching. Consider using bright colours and bold designs to make your packaging pop. This can be especially effective for products that are aimed at a younger demographic.
For instance, if you’re a food company offering a delivery service, you might want to incorporate funky illustrations on your takeaway packaging. Here at Pack Genie, we provide businesses with customisable printed greaseproof paper, which can be used to line anything from pizza boxes to burger boxes. Not only does it help protect the integrity of the packaged food, by preventing any oil leakages from damaging the other meals, it also allows your branding to remain front and centre. Customise the paper with anything from your logo and company name, to cute illustrations of food items.
- Interactive elements: Given we live in an increasingly digital age, why not take advantage of the rising opportunities afforded by technology? Interactive elements can help to make your custom packaging more engaging for customers. For example, you could include a QR code on your packaging that customers can scan to access exclusive content or discounts. This can help to build customer loyalty and encourage repeat purchases.
- Eco-friendly materials: As consumers become increasingly concerned about their impact on the environment, eco-friendly packaging is becoming more and more important. By using eco-friendly materials for your custom packaging, you can show your customers that you care about the environment and are taking steps to reduce your impact. This can be a great way to build trust with your customers and attract eco-conscious consumers.
At Pack Genie, we’re committed to providing our customers with sustainably sourced packaging solutions. In fact, all of our food packaging is compostable, biodegradable, or recyclable. Head over to our Go Green page to learn more about our commitment to sustainability.
- Multi-functional packaging: Multi-functional packaging can provide added value to customers. For example, you could create packaging that doubles as a storage container or a reusable tote bag. This can help to increase the perceived value of your product and encourage customers to reuse your packaging, which is great for the environment.
Additionally, items such as our customisable printed stickers can be used to seal packages, but they can also be included as small gifts for your customers. Make sure the design you choose it eye-grabbing, as this will encourage your customers to use them, which in turn will act as a marketing opportunity.
- Limited edition packaging: Limited edition packaging can create a sense of urgency and exclusivity around your product. Consider creating special edition packaging for holidays or special events. This can help to create buzz around your product and encourage customers to make a purchase before the limited edition packaging is gone.
A good example of the power of limited edition packaging is the Starbucks Holiday Edition Cups. Every December, our Instagram feeds are awash with individuals sharing photos of their pumpkin spiced lattes in their themed red cups. User generate content such as this is a great way to increase your brand reach with minimal additional spending or effort required.
- Custom printed tape: Like stickers, custom printed tape is a simple but effective way to add a custom touch to your packaging. Consider adding your logo or a custom message to your tape. This can help to make your packaging more professional and memorable. It can be used to seal packages, or to attach your personalised messages to the outside of gift wrap.
- Metallic finishes: A metallic finishes can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to your packaging. If you’re selling high-end products, consider using metallic foil or metallic ink to create a shimmering effect on your packaging, as it’s especially effective for products that are aimed at a premium market.
- Custom printed bags: Custom printed bags can be a powerful branding tool, as well as a practical way to transport products. Opt for custom bags with your logo or a unique design that reflects your brand's personality. This can help to increase brand awareness and create a cohesive visual identity across all of your packaging.
Here at Pack Genie, we’ve recently introduced customisable counter top bags to our range of packaging solutions. They are versatile and ideal for a range of products such as jewellery, gifts, cards, and non-greasy foods. These bags are an excellent choice for shops and boutiques looking to promote their brand in a cost-effective and straightforward way. We understand the significance of branding for businesses of all sizes, and our custom printed counter top bags provide a great opportunity to increase brand exposure and leave a positive impression on your customers.
Tags: customisable printed greaseproof paper, customisable printed stickers, customisable counter top bags