Spring is in full swing, and what better way to celebrate than with a piping hot pizza? If you own a pizza business and are looking for new ways to attract customers, why not try some seasonal toppings that will tantalise their taste buds? Here are five delicious spring pizza topping ideas to help you stand out from the competition:
- Fresh asparagus and ricotta: Asparagus is a springtime favourite, and it pairs perfectly with creamy ricotta. Start with a layer of tomato sauce and top it with roasted asparagus spears, dollops of ricotta, and some grated Parmesan cheese. After you’ve taken the pizza out of the oven, finish it off with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
- Artichoke hearts and lemon zest: Artichoke hearts bring a bright, tangy flavour to any pizza, and they're a great match for fresh lemon zest. Rather than opting for a tomato base, use a layer of white sauce on your crust and add marinated artichoke hearts, lemon zest, and shredded mozzarella. Top it off with some fresh rocket or watercress for a pop of colour.
- Peas and pancetta: Sweet green peas and pancetta are a classic combination that will elevate your pizza game. Add a layer of pesto on the pizza base and top it with fresh garden peas, crispy pancetta, and some crumbled goat cheese. For a touch of sweetness, garnish the pizza with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Radishes and bacon: For a tasty spring crunch, consider this delicious combo. Radishes are a refreshing addition to any pizza, and they pair perfectly with smoky bacon. Pop some garlic butter on the base of the pizza, then add crumbled bacon, and feta cheese. Once the pizza is cooked, sprinkle on some sliced radishes and red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Broad beans and prosciutto: Broad beans are a springtime delight, and they make a delicious pizza topping when paired with salty prosciutto. This combination goes best with a white sauce made from crème fraiche, so spread that on the pizza base as the first step. Then, add cooked broad beans, torn prosciutto, and mozzarella. Before you pop the pizza in the box ready for delivery, don’t forget to finish it with a sprinkle of chopped fresh mint for a burst of herby freshness.
By offering these unique and delightful spring-themed pizza toppings, you can attract new customers and keep your regulars coming back for more. And don't forget to use quality pizza boxes, greaseproof liners, and large pizza box stamps to ensure that your pizzas arrive at their destination in perfect condition. All of our pizza packaging options are customisable to suit your company’s branding, so don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss your business’ packaging needs.
Tags: pizza boxes, greaseproof liners, pizza box stamps